We are GolfRent.eu ("we", "us" and "our"), a golf club rental company.
This message is addressed to all individuals who are users of our services or products. We refer to all of these individuals as "customer" or "you" in this policy document.
At GolfRent.eu, we understand that the privacy and security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of this, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to protect it. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over all personal information we have about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our services or products online, in store, by telephone or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our "Services").
This policy describes our procedures for handling personal information. More particularly:
- The type of personal information we collect and hold;
- How we collect and keep it;
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- Your right to access and seek redress for it;
- How to complain about privacy issues; And
- Our sharing of your personal information abroad
2. What types of personal data do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following type:
- We collect your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and debit card number. We need this information to be able to provide you with our services.
- We do not register your credit card number. Your debit card information is held by a third party Payson. This information will serve as security against your booking. The debit card used to make a booking will serve as security for the booked golf sets / carriage. We may, with notice, require you to present your credit card when collecting the golf set / cart if required.
- We register which products you book and which products you buy. This information is used to process orders and to provide a more personalized shopping experience.
- We also monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage that enable us to improve our services, offer new products and understand our customers' interests. We collect this information because it is in our interest to improve our services.
- We may use your information to make decisions about which other products and services you may be interested in and contact you by email, text message, telephone, mail or other means about these products and services. We use your information in this way because it is in our interest to market and manage our business. We balance this interest with the impact on you, and you can ask us to stop using your information for this purpose at any time. (See point 5 of this policy).
Please note that we will continue to use your information after your rental period has expired, unless you have asked us not to do so.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal data: When we collect personal data about you, we do so by making a register of it.
We do this when:
- You register with us, for example to order a golf set / cart, buy a product, create an account or to send information to you;
- You communicate with us online;
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analyzing this information along with the information we already have about you to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media.
For information about our use of this technology, please read our cookies policy.
Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These can be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements that aim to eliminate risks of unauthorized access to and loss, misuse or incorrect alteration of personal data.
We do not hold or store any customer's financial information.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and market goods and services to you and to improve the range of our offers. For example:
- If you want to know about your probable preferences so that we can market goods and services to you in a way that may be of greatest interest to you. This includes products and services from our suppliers and other trusted partners that offer products and services that may be of interest to you; And
- To help investigate your complaints and inquiries.
- We disclose personal information that we collect for purposes that are subordinate to the sale and marketing of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling companies.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes that are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law. You can opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We can anonymize and compile your personal information. We may do this for the use and disclosure of anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns. We share this anonymized data with our trusted partners to help them market products and services to you that are likely to be relevant to your interests and preferences.
5. How can you inquire about, access and correct your personal information?
You can contact us at email@example.com for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ask us to correct information about you that is incorrect or incomplete, this is known as the right to rectification.
- To ask us to delete information about you, this is known as the right to delete.
- To tell us that you no longer agree to us using your information about you and asking us to stop, this is called the right to object.
- To tell us to stop using information about you to sell you products and services, this is known as the right to restrict processing.
- To make a "request for subject access" which is a request for us to send you the information we have about you. Before we give you access to your personal information, we may require certain proof of identity.
- To ask us not to use information about you in a way that allows computers to make decisions about you solely based on automated processing.
In addition to contacting us using the details above, you can change your marketing settings by clicking "change settings" at the bottom of any email communication.
6. How can you complain about our handling of personal data?
You have the right to complain about how we process your personal data to the Data Inspectorate (later called the Privacy Protection Authority) or another competent supervisory authority within the EU.
We may only retain your information if we need it for one of the reasons for what we describe above.
7. Our sharing of your personal information abroad
It is our policy to demand that all our foreign sharing of personal information be done in a manner that requires compliance with strict privacy and security standards. We may allow your personal information to be shared with those located in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- Where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider that is in the industry to provide data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our e-mail and mobile application data. These services often include different geographical locations that change from time to time for reasons that include data protection and processing efficiency. If these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to inform you of the country in which your personal data may be located;
- For information between our group companies. Our main business locations are in Sweden, but some of our group companies, branches and subsidiaries that we have based in other countries.
- When our business that collected your personal information is in a country other than your location;
We may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you of the changes where we are required by law to do so.